Immerse yourself in song at one of our Singing Retreats – for those who love to sing or would love to sing. Hosted by renowned and highly sought after vocal teacher Sophie Bancroft, our retreats are fun, relaxing, supportive and inspirational. You will learn classic songs from the genres of jazz, folk, blues and pop with all music being taught by ear, so the ability to read music is not necessary.
Singing lessons include:
- Group singing and harmony
- Vocal technique and breathing exercises
- Postural and daily chi gong exercises useful for singers
- Building your singing confidence
- Exploring your own sound
- Options to sing individual songs
- Listening sessions where we explore your favourite recordings
- Fun improvisation and rhythm sessions
What you will need to bring:
CD or MP3s of some of your favourite songs to share in the listening groups. A notebook and pencil may be useful and a recording device if you wish to record any of the songs we are working on.
We keep the group numbers small to create an intimate and intensive learning environment where you will be surrounded by like-minded people encouraging each other on this amazing journey of singing and song.
Your break at Gartmore House includes:
- En-suite accomodation for up to 5 nights
- Expert tuition by professional singer Sophie Bancroft
- Full board – full Scottish breakfast, lunch and 3-course dinner
Dates and cost
- Sunday 20th – Friday 25th May 2018 – £625 (5 nights)
- Saturday 8th – Sunday 9th September 2018 – £299 (1 night)
- Sunday 28th October – Friday 2nd November 2018 – £625 (5 nights)
- Sunday 18th November – Friday 23rd November 2018 – £625 (5 nights)
- Sunday 9th December – Friday 14th December 2018 – £625 (5 nights)
How to book
Terms and Conditions
A £100 per person deposit is required to secure your booking. Full payment is due 6 weeks prior to arrival. For breaks booked within 6 weeks, full payment is required at time of booking. Breaks are subject to availability and subject to change.